Nut Butter Fruit Dip
- 1 cup almond butter (or other nut or seed butter)
- 1 cup almond milk (or other non dairy milk)
- 1 scoop (1/3 tsp) pure stevia extract powder (or 2 Tbsp other healthy sweetener. Author recommends NuNaturals.)
- 1 tbsp sweetener, as healthy as possible, according to your needs (Author uses candida-friendly sweeteners like xylitol and vegetable glycerine.)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract (If avoiding alcohol, try Frontier Brand.)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Place all ingredients in food processor or blender.
- Mix/blend until combined and smooth.
- Store whatever you don’t manage to polish off in the refrigerator.
- Some great variations include: (1) Use maple syrup for a more “mapley” taste (2) add chocolate or carob for a chocolatey treat Start with 2 Tbsp or carob or chocolate and go from there. (3) Use coconut milk for a coconutty / nutty blend.
We found this delicious recipe at www.wholenewmom.com.
This blogger also has some great recipes for homemade versions of the ingredients listed (coconut milk, almond milk, etc.)