Sweet Potato Pie Bites
- 1 1/2 cups mashed cooked sweet potato (about 4 cups cubed uncooked)
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- pecan halves (optional)
- To prepared the mashed sweet potatoes, peel and cube about 4 cups worth of sweet potato and steam until soft. Drain and allow some steam to evaporate. Mash without adding anything to the potatoes. I used a hand masher.
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Line two mini muffin pans with paper liners (24 total).
- Place all ingredients except the pecan halves in a bowl and beat well using an electric mixer.
- Spoon mixture into mini muffin cups, filling them to the top.
- Place half a pecan on top of each and lightly press it into the batter.
- Bake 25 minutes or until set. Remove the pans to a wire rack. Cool about 10 minutes in the pan before removing individual pieces to a rack to cool completely.
We found this delicious recipe at www.glutenfreehomemaker.com.