St. Patrick’s Day Muddy Buddies
- 4 1/2 cups Rice Chex® cereal
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup green candy-coated chocolate candies
- 1/4 cup Lucky Charms Marshmallows
- Place cereal in a medium sized bowl and set aside.
- In a small microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter uncovered on High for one minute and then stir until melted and smooth.
- Pour peanut butter mixture over cereal and stir until evenly coated.
- Place half of the cereal mixture in a seal-able food storage bag and add the powdered sugar.
- Shake the bag until well coated then spread the cereal out on a baking sheet and allow to cool for 15 minutes.
- Stir in green food colouring into the other half until you achieve an even bright green colour. Spread the cereal out onto another baking sheet and allow to cool for 15 minutes.
- In serving bowl, mix both cereal mixtures along with the chocolate and marshmallows.
- Store the muddy buddies in an airtight container.
We found this delicious recipe at http://www.frugalmomeh.com/2014/02/st-patricks-day-muddy-buddies.html.