Herb and Caper Crusted Salmon
- 1 cup loosely packed parsley leaves
- 2 Tablespoons fresh dill
- 1-1/2 Tablespoons drained capers
- zest of 1 lemon
- 2 garlic cloves
- salt and pepper
- pinch red chili pepper flakes
- extra virgin olive oil
- 4, 5-6oz salmon filets
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees, line a baking sheet with foil and spray with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- Add parsley leaves, dill, capers, lemon zest, garlic cloves, salt, pepper, and red chili pepper flakes to the center of a large cutting board. Chop until the ingredients are finely minced then slice the lemon into wedges and squeeze a bit of lemon juice into the mixture to moisten.
- Rub salmon filets with extra virgin olive oil then season generously with salt and pepper. Press the top and sides of each filet into the herb mixture to create an even crust then place on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 7-9 minutes (do not over bake!) then transfer salmon filets to plates and squeeze a bit more fresh lemon juice on top right before serving.
We found this delicious recipe at www.iowagirleats.com.