Grain-free Spaghetti and Meatballs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, ghee, or coconut oil for frying
- 3 large eggs
- 3 pounds grass-fed ground beef
- ¾ cup almond meal or 3 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese or ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 2 ½ teaspoons coconut aminos
- 1 ½ teaspoon oregano
- 1 ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons fish sauce
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- For the Sauce
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ small onion, sliced
- 1 box Pomi tomatoes (strained)
- 1 box Pomi tomatoes (chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- Make the sauce: Heat the oil in a large sauce pan over medium-high heat. Add the onions and sauté until they are translucent. Add the remaining 6 ingredients and bring to boil. Reduce heat to low, and simmer for 40 minutes. Use an immersion blender to puree the sauce until smooth, or carefully blend it in a blender. Adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Make the meatballs: Whisk the eggs in the bottom of a big bowl. Add the remaining ingredients, then knead the mixture with your hands until everything is just incorporated. Form the meat into golf ball-sized meatballs.
- Heat the olive oil in a large dutch-oven or heavy-bottomed pot over medium heat. Pan fry the meatballs in batches, until browned all over. They do not need to cook all the way through since they will simmer in the sauce.
- Add the meatballs to the sauce and simmer over medium heat for 20 minutes, until the meatballs are cooked through and the sauce is thickened. Stir occasionally.
- Serve over grain-free noodles, zucchini noodles or spaghetti squash.
We found this delicious recipe at www.againstallgrain.com.