Dark Chocolate Zucchini Brownies
- 2 cups zucchini, grated
- ½ cup melted coconut oil
- ½ cup honey
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- ¾ cup
wholeflour (or an additional ¾ cup whole wheat pastry flour) spelt
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 ½ cups (12 ounces) semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips (I used a bag of Ghirardelli 60% Cocoa Chips)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease an 8 inch square baking pan.
- Grate zucchini. Dump into a mesh colander and squeeze it with a towel to get rid of excess moisture. Fluff it back up with a fork.
- In a large bowl, beat together the wet ingredients (oil, eggs, honey and vanilla). Stir in the zucchini.
- In a separate, smaller bowl, stir together the dry ingredients (whole wheat pastry and spelt flour, cocoa, salt, baking powder and cinnamon).
- Pour the dry mixture into the wet/zucchini mixture. Stir just until combined, and then stir in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into your prepared pan.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean (mine was done baking at 30 minutes). Let cool completely.
Recipe found at cookieandkate.com