Avocado Egg Salad
- 8 whole omega-3 eggs, hardboiled peeled & cooled
- 2 whole fresh ripe avocado, pitted and scooped
- 2 tbsp. real mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/8 tsp turmeric
- 1/8 tsp cayenne (optional)
- 1 1/2 tbsp finely chopped red onion (more or less depending on preference)
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley
- In a small mixing bowl or food processor, combine eggs, avocado, mayo, vinegar, mustard, salt, pepper, turmeric, and cayenne (if using). Mash or pulse until all ingredients are of the consistency to your liking. (For chunky, pulse about 20 seconds or so. For a smoother texture, pulse for about 30 to 40 seconds, or until texture is how you like it.)
- Remove blade from bowl if using a food processor and stir in onion. Garnish with fresh parsley before serving.
- Serve over your favorite fresh greens or form a wrap using 1 to 2 big leaves of bibb lettuce. Stuff wrap with your favorite add-ons such as sprouts, bell peppers, mushrooms, fresh herbs, or tomatoes. Feel like snacking? Place a small scoop of egg salad on several leaves of endive or radicchio for a tasty, eye-appealing afternoon snack.
We found this delicious recipe at www.theheartysoul.com.