20-Minute Zesty Shrimp Lettuce Wraps
- 3/4 pound (340 grams) cooked, peeled and deveined small or medium shrimp
- 1 large (70 grams) carrot, peeled and shaved with vegetable peeler or grated
- 1 small (75 grams) yellow bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup (120 grams) rinsed and drained no-salt-added canned black beans (certified gluten-free if necessary)
- 1/4 cup (5 grams) fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime rind
- 1/4 cup (60 grams) fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 12 to 24 large (180 to 360 grams) Boston or butter lettuce leaves, rinsed and patted dry*
- Combine all ingredients except lettuce in a medium bowl. (Mixture may be chilled until ready to serve.)
- Spoon 1/3 cup shrimp salad into each lettuce leaf. Serve immediately.
- If lettuce leaves are small, stack two together before filling.
We found this delicious recipe at http://blog.myfitnesspal.com/20-minute-zesty-shrimp-lettuce-wraps/