Green Beans with Cranberries, Bacon & Goat cheese
- 1½ pounds green beans, washed and trimmed
- 2 slices bacon
- ½ cup fresh cranberries
- 1 ounce goat cheese, crumbled
- Salt & pepper to taste
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook the bacon until crispy. Remove the bacon from the pan and set aside but leave the grease in the pan.
- Add the green beans to the pan with the bacon grease. Saute for 3-5 minutes, tossing occasionally until the green beans start to “char”. At this point, cover the skillet with a lid and let steam for another 5-7 minutes.
- Remove the lid, add the cranberries and saute for another 2-3 minutes until the cranberries are warmed through and starting to wrinkle.
- Plate the beans with the cranberries, crumble the goat cheese and bacon on top and season with salt & pepper.
We found this delicious recipe at www.runningtothekitchen.com.