Crockpot Turkey Bolognese Sauc
- 1 28- ounce can organic tomato puree
- 1 6- ounce can organic tomato paste
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Italian herb blend
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 small carrots diced
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 pound ground turkey
- Add all ingredients except turkey to slow cooker and stir to combine.
- Cut ground turkey into cubes, add to slow cooker, and cover with sauce. Do not stir.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Once the sauce is done, use a potato masher to break up the ground turkey into small chunks.
- To serve with zucchini noodles, spiralize zucchini (1/2 – 1 medium zucchini per serving). Heat one tablespoon olive oil in in large frying pan over medium heat. Cook zucchini until warmed through but still firm, about 3 minutes.
We found this delicious recipe on www.cookeatpaleo.com.