30 Minute Tomato Quinoa Soup
- 1 cup cooked quinoa (follow package instructions, add a pinch of salt)
- 2 tablespoons butter (or vegan alternative)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium shallots, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic (2 cloves)
- 2 28 oz cans whole tomatoes
- 2 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon salt, divided
- ½ teaspoon pepper, divided
- ¼ pumpkin seeds
- Heat butter in oil over medium heat until butter melts.
- Add the shallots to the pan and saute 2-3 minutes, until the shallot is soft. Add a pinch of the salt and pepper.
- Add the garlic and stir until just fragrant. About 30 seconds. Be careful not to burn the garlic.
- Add the tomatoes, broth and Italian seasoning to the pan. Turn heat to high and allow to almost boil.
- Return heat to medium-low and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- With an immersion blender, puree soup until smooth. You can also work in batches using a regular blender.
- Serve with a spoonful of quinoa in the soup and a pumpkin seed garnish!
We found this delicious recipe at www.runninginaskirt.com. (Author: Julie Wunder)